We went out on the town in Portland, Maine. I was going a little crazy with all of the unusual rain and clouds this summer. The RV gets pretty small when all five of us are inside with no sun in sight.
The funny thing about this episode is that I totally changed the format of the podcast outline on Jon, and even during our pre-meeting, we were both on a different page entirely! He thought the story of meeting the two guitarists at the restaurant was just the pre-show banter, while I had thought we both understood it was the main lead into the episode! It was a communication disaster. The good news is, we rebounded and continued the show, something new for us during this process. I usually shut down and then we have to reboot another day.
We rallied on and talked about how sharing your gifts can bring you joy as well as those you share it with. Sometimes we think we are unqualified to share our passions with others. In reality, when we share our gifts with each other it connects us all and gifts the world.
You deserve to do what makes you happy!
(Theme music: Ethan Anderson, Photo credit: Eye for Ebony)
Stream “Share Your Gifts, Feel Happy”
Relationship Podcast Gems:
- Our “not good enoughs” can stand in the way of sharing our gifts.
- If you choose not to share your gifts, the world misses out.
- We have shifted our parenting to encourage the kids to seek out their passions.
- It isn’t really about talent, it is about motivation. You can become good because of your determination.
- What motivates you and how do you integrate that into your life?