In this episode of our relationship podcast Something Like Marriage, I tell my depression story of recovery. The process of becoming healthy began with my self-care after I had spiraled down into severe depression. Recovery included medication, exercise, diet changes, and therapy. My husband also supported me during the journey by giving me perspective.
(Theme music: Ethan Anderson, Photo credit: Yaoqi LAI)
Relationship Podcast Gems:
- What brought sunshine into my life to help with my SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) was the goLITE.
- Medication was necessary for me to “put out the fire” and reset my thinking.
- Self-care became a priority with exercise, time away from the kids, diet, and vitamins.
- Therapy was the key for me to heal my depression.
- Jon worked on his codependency while being empathetic and offering perspective.
- Listen to part one Depression and Marriage: We Tell Our Story and part two What is it Like to Be Depressed?
- Find out if you are dealing with depression with this depression self-test.
- More about the symptoms of depression.
- How to support a family member or a friend with depression.
- Get help if you are the one struggling with depression or if you are a loved one who wants to know how to support a loved one. Chat online, or call the Suicide Prevention Hotline.
Stream “Facing Depression Together”
Your Next Steps:
Leave a comment about this post on our Facebook Page.
Subscribe to our podcast.
Join our free Facebook Group of the curious and humorous.
Reminder: Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. We only recommend products that have simplified and improved our lives. If you choose to purchase something we may receive a commission. And you receive our gratitude!