Finding common interests as a couple can lead to more fun and adventure.
Every relationship is like a unique fingerprint, with each couple deciding what they want their relationship to look like. Some couples have very different interests and live more independently, while others do everything together, or a balance of both.
Sometimes our partners or spouses don’t know it is our desire to connect and spend more time together. Also, we may assume things about one another that are untrue or believe the same interests of the past are the same in the present. Talking about your interests can lead to more adventures together whether that is trying out a new restaurant or a new country. The possibilities are endless and up to you two.
(Theme music: Ethan Anderson, Photo credit: Pablo Heimplatz)
Relationship Podcast Gems on Finding Common Interests:
- Becoming aware of your own interests and developing them.
- Talking about your individual interests together.
- Try something new to both of you.
- Decide how do you want it to be? What activities do you desire to do together?
- Jema has a Secret Room that she files away her deepest thoughts, it’s like a vault.
- Jon has been known to read every sign at the Science Museum.
Stream “Finding Common Interests”
Your Next Steps:
Join our email list for new episodes and articles.