Both of us had high anxiety throughout our childhood and adulthood. We thought such high anxiety was a normal part of life. Our anxiety seemed to be motivated by people pleasing, insecurity, and wondering, am I okay? The world was uncertain and this was our coping.
Jon and I experienced a period of time where we peaceful and then the anxiety came back with force when we decided to live in the RV. Then, we felt pressure on our chest, that stabbing pain in our backs. The experience really encouraged us to help one another through the unknown.
Presently, we are in a transition with our oldest leaving the home (RV), Jon looking for work, and financial pressure. We notice our bodies are talking to us once again about our anxious feelings.
(Theme music: Ethan Anderson, Photo credit: Hailey Reed)
Stream “Dealing With Anxiety Together”
Relationship Podcast Gems:
- Our awning blew off. That brought on some anxiety!
- Learning to take people at their word, after all, they are grownups.
- Jema does better with anxiety when she has a plan.
- Jon’s body tells him he is anxious before his thoughts do.
- Communication, exercise, simplifying the demands of our lives have helped us.
Your Next Steps:
Join our email list for new episodes and articles.
Reminder: Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. We only recommend products that have simplified and improved our lives. If you choose to purchase something we may receive a commission to continue our quirky podcast.