In this episode of our relationship podcast Something Like Marriage, we discuss the challenges of RV living with kids. As we discussed last week there are many benefits to RV living, however, as with any lifestyle, there are also challenges. Bonus points for living in a small space with kids (you know who you are)!
Living in an RV has now become a familiar way of life for us, and there are times when the challenges of it all motivate our family to take a vacation from traveling in the motorhome. Fulltime RV living has been a loving choice for our family with the benefits outweighing the difficulties. Today, we talk about how we have adapted to life year round in a camper amidst the critters, freezing rain, and weekend cookouts in our bedroom.
(Theme music: Ethan Anderson, Photo credit: Samantha Amidon )
Relationship Podcast Gems:
- Living in an RV is not like being on vacation 🙂
- Everyone seems to have their special chill spot, with a set of headphones for coping purposes.
- Seeing family can be difficult (we tend to connect through messaging or Skype sometimes)
- We face weather and other environmental challenges such as earthquakes, snow, and severe storms.
- Small spaces like the dreaded pots and pans cabinet that we curse….gahhh…
- It’s hard to take a luxurious bath with all of the bubbles and candles and things.
- We forgot to mention privacy (a future topic) and the repairs (we rattle apart as we roll)!
- There are more we are sure we forgot, but will probably come up in a disagreement later for us to share
Stream “The Challenges of RV Living With Kids”
Your Next Steps:
Join our email list for new episodes and articles.